Amazing Protein Balls
These protein balls are high in protein, gluten free, free of refined sugar, and delicious! I developed them to find a cheaper alternative to the Bounce Balls I was eating. This is what I snack on during the day when I’m hungry and after working out to give my body protein.
- 2 cups of quinoa flakes (your can also use buckwheat flakes)
- 6 tablespoons of high quality protein powder. I use the following (and like the brand Pulsin):
-4 tablespoons whey protein powder
-1 tablespoon of pea protein powder
-1 tablespoon of hemp protein powder
- 3 tablespoons nut butter (I use peanut butter but any nut butter will work)
- 3 tablespoons of chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon of agar agar flakes (this is optional but agar agar is good for your joints and skin)
- 3 tablespoons of rice syrup (you can also use agave or honey but I use rice syrup since it is lower in fructose).
- a pinch of salt.
Mix all ingredients together in a blender or bowl. Add water or almond milk to make the mixture more dough like. Press into a pan or roll into balls, put in the refrigerator and they are ready after one hour. Yum!