1) Name: Ekstasy Karakitsou
2) Lives in: Kypseli (Athens, Greece)
3) From: The USA – I grew up in Massachusetts and as an adult I’ve lived in Colorado, Missouri, North Carolina, and Scotland! But my father was Greek – and Greece has always felt like home – so it seems natural that I would end up living here.
4) Occupation/employer: writer, herbalist & maenad at EkstasyVine.com, where I share stories, ceremonies and photographs from the sensual Greek landscape.
5) First three jobs: Botanical Garden Intern / Admin Assistant / Reiki Master Practitioner & Teacher
6) Zodiac sign: Cancer (My Ascendant, Sun, Moon, Mercury and Venus are all in Cancer…)
7) Enneagram Type: Type 4, the Artist/Individualist
8) What you love about Athens or Greece in general:
The herbs! I’m wild about the mountains of northern Greece; there’s something about this landscape that sings to my bones.
8) Something most people don’t know about you:
I have a BA in religious studies and I’m fascinated by mystical experience. Those were my first passions – mythology and spiritual practice – and I still love guiding others in ceremony and meditation.
9) Where we are most likely to find you in Lynn’s Kundalini Yoga:
Enneagram panels, exploring the way other people process and understand the world.
10) First time you tried Kundalini Yoga:
In 2014 – I’d just moved to Greece and someone in the USA had suggested I try Kundalini Yoga for deeper relaxation. So I did a google search and found Lynn!
11) Anything else you’d like us to know?
I absolutely love to pole dance, but I do a form of emotive freestyle – which is less about the tricks, and more about self-expression. It’s essentially movement therapy – using the pole as a means for deeper embodiment. It has totally changed the way I feel in my body and it informs a lot of my writing on EkstasyVine.com.