1) Name: Beatrice Chestnut
2) Lives in: San Francisco, California (USA)
3) Born in: Palo Alto, California (USA)
4) Occupation: I’m a coach, business consultant and psychotherapist with an emphasis on the Enneagram. I’ve also written two books: The Complete Enneagram: 27 Paths to Greater Self-Knowledge and The Nine Types of Leadership.
I was first introduced to the Enneagram through David Daniels, one of the earliest major teachers of the Enneagram. His youngest son was one of my best friends from age 13. When his son tragically died in 1990, I spent a lot of time with his family, and one night at dinner, Dr. Daniels talked about the Enneagram, which was his new passion, and suggested I might be a Type Two: The Helper. I read the Type Two chapter from Helen Palmer’s first book, and I couldn’t believe how accurately and thoroughly it described me. That was the beginning of my personal journey of self-work and my long-term relationship with the Enneagram. Knowing I was a Two led me into my own therapy and inspired me to become a therapist, so that I could work with the system at a deep level.
5) First three jobs (ever!): 1) scooping ice cream at an ice cream shop 2) working as an administrative assistant at TRW (an aerospace company) in Silicon Valley, and 3.) working at KFOG, a rock ‘n’ roll radio station in San Francisco in promotion and programming.
6) Zodiac sign: Libra
7) Enneagram type: Helper/Giver/Lover Type 2 (self preservation subtype)
8) What do you love about Greece? I’m sad to say I have never been to Greece… but I’m hoping to change that soon!
9) Tell us something most people don’t know about you: I was a very accomplished badminton player in high school. 🙂
10) Where we are most likely to find you in Lynn’s Kundalini Yoga? Some of you met me on the Enneagram Type 2 panel several years ago when Lynn first started her Ultimate Cocktail Party Enneagram series.
11) Anything else you’d like us to know? I’m very passionate about supporting people in developing greater self-awareness and emotional intelligence so they can more easily and effectively manifest their higher potential. To that end, I’m hosting a very special Dante,Florence and the Enneagram holiday in Italy May 19-22 and I’ve joined up with Uranio Paes to offer a Way of the Arrows workshop in Amsterdam May 29-30. I love working with Uranio, an Enneagram spiritual teacher and founder of Mundo Eneagrama He has amazing skills as a spiritual teacher and works with energy in an extremely powerful way to bring about radical healing. If you are able to come to Amsterdam in May, we’ve love to have you join us!
You can learn more about my workshops in the US, the UK, Amsterdam and Italy here.
Beatrice Chestnut, PhD MA is a licensed psychotherapist, coach, and business consultant based in San Francisco. She has a PhD in communication studies and an MA in clinical psychology. She is author of the book, The Complete Enneagram: 27 Paths to Greater Self-Knowledge. She served as President of the International Enneagram Association (IEA) from 2006-2007, and in 2008 and 2009 she was founding co-editor of the IEA’s Enneagram Journal. She offers trainings on the Enneagram internationally, focusing on using it as a tool for personal transformation.
Uranio Paes is an internationally recognized Enneagram teacher and organizational consultant. He has worked with thousands of people in organizations and groups, particularly in Latin America. He teaches the Palmer/Daniels Enneagram Professional Training Program in Brazil, Spain, and Portugal. He served as the IEA (International Enneagram Association) president in 2008 and 2009 and is a Senior Member in Enneagram in Business network.