This 25-meter (269 square foot) apartment is on Zaharista and Drakou in the heart of Koukaki. It is a 3-minute walk to the Sygrou-Fix metro and a 7-minute walk to the Acropolis metro.
The Tiny House Movement: The apartment, called “Little Sugar,” was renovated in 2016 following the principles of the Tiny House Movement. Despite its tiny size, it can sleep up to four people as the attic space was converted to a loft space. The loft is accessed by a ladder that locks into the wall for use and hangs securely on the wall when not in use.
The apartment is on upper ground floor (same floor as the lobby but up a flight of stairs from the street). There is a graphic design studio below the apartment.
The space features a sunny studio with a secondary low-ceiling loft area. The kitchen is tiny but well designed and cheerful. It is ideal for a single person or a couple who doesn’t require much space.
What makes this apartment unique:
- The location. This apartment has an unbeatable location, located in the heart of Koukaki (one street over from Veikou, one of the main Koukaki streets). The neighborhood is a traditional Greek neighborhood that borders the Acropolis area. You have easy access to popular tourist sites, but the building and neighborhood offer a local feel.
- The roof deck view. This apartment includes access to a communal roof deck with a great view of the Acropolis. Enjoy your morning coffee or evening wine with a stunning view of the Parthenon.
- The placement. Almost all apartments this size are located on the basement floor (often with no external windows). This apartment is on the first floor (one floor up from the street level) with external windows on both sides. This makes the apartment sunny and bright.
- Extra security. The apartment features a security door and an alarm system.
Apartment details are below:
- Kitchen: dishwasher, microwave/oven, built-in refrigerator, marble countertops, coffee maker, pots/pans/dishes/utensils.
- Bathroom: a hands-free (US-style) shower, modern toilet with water conserving flush option, marble countertops. The bathroom is compact and efficient.
- Studio: track lighting with dimmers, double bed (sleeps 2). It has a desk area for working and two lounge chairs for relaxing. It is an airy, sunny space. The room also has a flat-screen TV.
- Loft: loft with a built-in window making the space bright. The space includes two twin mattresses and sleeps two.
- Wifi: The apartment comes with high-speed internet (VDSL) and basic cable.
- Heat/AC: The studio has an air conditioning unit (purchased in 2016 and maintained). The apartment has centralized that controlled by the building. It is a tiny space that stays cozy in the winter but for additional heat, the A/C unit has a heat setting, and there is a space heater.
The monthly rental fee is 550 euros for the furnished apartment. This includes water, internet and shared building expenses. This does not include DEA (electricity). This is a pet-friendly unit. Your dog or cat is welcome. 🙂
To schedule a viewing, please email me at email@example.com.