Kundalini Yoga is a physical, mental and spiritual discipline for developing strength, awareness, character and consciousness. Kundalini Yoga uses a series of asanas, meditations, active and passive kriya sequences, pranayama and control of the body to empower personal change and improve physical and mental health.
Practitioners call Kundalini Yoga “the yoga of awareness” because it focuses on the expansion of sensory awareness and intuition in order to raise individual consciousness and merge it with the Infinite consciousness. As a form of yoga and meditation and a foundation for spirituality — practiced properly, Kundalini Yoga’s purpose is to raise the creative potential of a human being to develop universal values, speak truth, and share the compassion and consciousness needed to serve and heal others.
What Should I Expect in a Kundalini Yoga Class?
Kundalini Yoga classes follow a typical format that incorporates asanas, a deep relaxation, and a meditation in each class. The typical flow of a class is:
More about Kundalini Yoga
Go to page 428 of my book The Nine Keys to learn more about Kundalini Yoga. The full book is here for you to browse.
Kundalini Yoga Kriyas and Meditations with Lynn
Check out my YouTube channel to try my Kundalini Yoga classes.
See my matrix of the best Kundalini Yoga kriyas and meditations for each Enneagram type.
Not sure how to get started? Try this 26-minute Kriya for Elevation.
And if you like it, take this 60-minute class featuring the same kriya.
More about Kundalini Yoga in My Blog
- I’ve Practiced Kundalini Yoga Daily For The Last 9.5 Years. Here’s What I’ve Learned…
- Why Meditate?
- Kundalini Yoga 101
- Kundalini Yoga as the Key to Unlocking the Power of the Enneagram
- What is White Tantric Yoga?
- Is Kundalini Yoga Dangerous?
- 15 Benefits of Long Deep Breathing/ Τα 15 οφέλη της βαθειάς μεγάλης αναπνοής
- Excerpts from the Aquarian Teacher
- Seven Misconceptions About Your Yoga Practice (3HO)What is Kundalini Yoga?
- What Homeless Shelters and Refugee Camps Have Taught Me About Seva (3HO)
- An Offering for Community and Connection (3HO)