1) Name: Alkistis Kyriakou
2) Lives in: Koukaki, Athens
3) From: I was born in Athens and grew up in Nea Smyrni
4) Occupation: I am working as an environmental educator, forest school practitioner and outdoor activities guide! I just started working at Anima (Wild Life Conservatory) as head of education. I am trying to create conservation educational programs for schools and groups, in order to promote animal welfare, wildlife protection and of course introduce people to a more nature-respectful way of living.
5) First three jobs (ever!): Hmmm..Waitress, then secretary at a Taekwondo club and then an animator for children’s parties!
6) Zodiac sign: I’m a Taurus but I get really affected by my horoscope which is..Sagittarius
7) What you love about Athens? Even though I generally dislike big cities, I love Athens because of its parks, hills and mountains. Wherever you live, you can easily visit a beautiful green space for you to relax, have fun, meditate, enjoy your day!
8) Tell us something most people don’t know about you: I practice Taekwondo 🙂 Also, I am doing teacher training in Vinyasa Flow yoga. I’ve already completed kids yoga and would like to continue with NidraYyoga, as it’s more meditative.. I am doing this for me, not to necessarily become a teacher, because I feel like it is good for me!
9) Where we are most likely to find you in Lynn’s Kundalini Yoga (i.e. SUP Yoga, night yoga, etc.) I am about to come for an Enneagram typing interview and we’ll go from there. 🙂
10) Anything else you’d like us to know? I totally love cooking and usually cook really large portions so…if you’re hungry and passing by Koukaki, ring a bell! 🙂