1) Name: Mari(anthe) Carras
2) Lives in (neighborhood and city): Perama, Corfu and Koukaki, Athens
3) What city/country were you born in: Hollywood, California, USA
4) Occupation/employer: CFO for the upcoming Angsana Hotel in Corfu. I’ve also been developing my own crazy food and leadership project in the UK for the past couple of years called The F.E.A.S.T. Project.
5) First three jobs (ever!): First I was an usher for the classical music concert series at the Hollywood Bowl, then a server making and selling frozen yogurt during the initial ‘fro-yo’ craze in LA, and after that putting myself through university as a waitress at Italy’s Little Kitchen in Playa Del Rey, CA.
6) Zodiac sign: Pisces sun with a Gemini rising
7) Enneagram Type: Peacemaker 9
8) What you love about Athens or Greece in general. I’ve had a long and complicated love affair with Athens – now I’m returning after living here for several years some time ago and swearing I’d never return. Suffice it to say Athens is a mystical seductress, and I just love her for that! The new Neo-Grecque foodie scene in Athens has also piqued my interest…
9) Something most people don’t know about you: That I owned a well known Greek restaurant in LA called Sofi’s and that I created and co-wrote a musical in NY about life and love on a forgotten Greek island called “Opa! The Musical”
10) Where we are most likely to find you in Lynn’s Kundalini Yoga? Saturday and Sunday morning Athens classes, her rooftop, upcoming retreats. My plan is to go wherever Lynn goes – there was definitely no Kundalini Yoga when I lived here 13 years ago!
11) First time you tried Kundalini Yoga (where/when/with whom)? 20+ years ago in Los Angeles when my electromagnetic field was so out of control I was causing electrical outages in all my friends’ and families homes and started getting banned from visiting. Kundalini Yoga helped me ground and tune into my own personal frequency, and to channel all my extra energy more…productively, creatively, and safely!
12) Anything else you’d like us to know? That I’m usually planning my next meal while enjoying my current one. And that I’m madly in love with my rescue dog Isha – she has truly made me a better person. And on a very practical note, for my hotel project in Corfu I’m looking for Corfu or Ionian inspired art works of any medium to showcase in the hotel gallery! If anybody knows anyone that fits this description please feel free to contact me or send me a contact link (email@example.com).