1) Name: Petros Poulopoulos
2) Lives in: Koukaki, Athens
3) Where are you from?: I grew up in Peiraus and then moved to Glyfada.
4) What is your job? I am a freelance photographer mostly working on street photography. I also work in commissioned photography and videography.
Lynn asked how I became a photographer, and it is a funny story…One night while I was in my second year of college studies to become a microbiologist assistant, I watched a film called “Kids” directed by Larry Clark. At the end of the film, I watch a summary of the videotape including a part talking to the director about how he became a photographer despite the fact he had no training in photography and at the time, he also had a drug addiction. That night I had this crazy idea to become a photographer myself. I remember thinking, “If he could do it why can’t I?” The same night I found an old analog camera that belonged to my brother. And ever since that day I have been shooting photography almost non stop… 🙂
5) Tell us your first three jobs (ever!): Doing my practice at a hospital (I’m trained as a microbiologist), then I worked in real estate, and now photography.
6) Zodiac Sign?: Cancer
7) What do you love about Greece? The climate in Greece is ideal for me. I love the sun. I remember I once met an Irish tourist at Acropolis and asked him “Why do you think people visit Greece?” He said, ” It’s the sun, not the history!” I think he’s right…
8) Tell Us Something Most People Don’t Know About You: I am ambidextrous!
9) Where we are most likely to find you in Lynn’s Kundalini Yoga?: On the Acropolis Roof Deck taking pictures!
10) First time you tried Kundalini Yoga (where/when/with whom)?: Hmmm…I haven’t tried it fully. I’m always taking pictures!
11) Tell us your top tip to combat climate change: Hmmm…People need to stop eating pork and cow (including me!).