1) Name: Sandie Staikou
2) Lives in: Korydallos, West side of Athens, for the past 4 years, since returning from Egypt.
3) From: Bayswater, West London, England
4) Occupation: I have been working in the healing field for nearly a quarter of a century. I qualified after 3 years studying Anatomy & Physiology and also Aroma-therapy way back in 1998. Even after all this time, I would still say that, I have the best job ever. Well, actually I don’t work, I do what I love to do and I get paid for it. My joke is when my clients say “thank you” after the massage and I tell them that I enjoyed the massage as much as they did.
5) First three jobs: I was a tourist company representative and in that position I first came to Greece to work in 1977. Then when I came to live in Greece permanently, I opened my own tourist company called The Portoheli Tourist Office and Staikos Tours and Rent a Car. We had branches in Athens and Nafplion but I closed the company in 1998 after 18 years.
6) Zodiac sign: I am a Capricorn with all the associated mental logic and organizing abilities… 🙂
7) What you love about Athens or Greece in general: I love everything about Greece. Every corner one turn’s there is beauty. Athens thrills me, from the aspect of its history, its hospitality, its social scene, its vibrancy, its particular way and style of living. I have also lived in a village a considerable amount of years, and this type of living is charming and most pleasant also, but very different.
8) Something most people don’t know about you: Because I’m a happy and friendly person, it doesn’t take long if someone doesn’t but wants to know something about me to find out. I’m a totally “open book”.
9) Where we are most likely to find you in Lynn’s Kundalini Yoga: I have long wished to join Lynn’s yoga on the roof top with the majestic Acropolis watching me but it hasn’t happened yetl. I am most likely to be found however, nibbling finger foods and drinking wine following an enneagram evening.
10) Anything else you’d like us to know? I’m very excited right now, as I am just launching a massage I have developed called Siyanda. Using a fusion of ancient methods and philosophies, it offers the client/receiver a relaxing, yet deep massage and allows release on a physical, emotional, energetic, mental and spiritual level.