Name: Taige Zhang
Lives in: San Francisco, California, USA.
From: I’m from China, Canada, and the United States. I’ve also lived for several years in Germany and the UK.
Job: I work as a product manager in technology– basically, I figure out what to build in a company and work with engineering to build it. Currently, I’m working on Fairytrail, a dating & social travel app that helps people match based on personality types and destinations of interest. We also help them safely meet on public adventures offered by Airbnb and Viator.
Tell us your first three jobs (ever!):
1. During high school in California, I volunteered at the local VA hospital for 2 years. Did a lot of random things: helping patients and visitors, supporting autopsies, putting on movie nights for patients.
2. During college in Canada, I worked at a souvenir shop in Chinatown. It mostly involved opening boxes.
3. After my master’s in the UK, I worked at Apple as an analyst. It was when Steve Jobs was still alive! His town halls talks were incredible.
Zodiac sign: Pisces
Enneagram type: Type 7, the Enthusiast/ Adventurer
What do you love about Greece? I love the Mediterranean Sea! It’s my favorite sea. It’s beautiful and perfect for sailing. Greece is the only place in the world where I’ve seen people just spontaneously leave their clothes on the sidewalk and jump into the water for a quick swim (they have a bathing suit underneath). The food is always amazing, especially the seafood. It’s really an idyllic place.
Tell us something most people don’t know about you: I’m quite good in emergency situations. One time, our SUV got frozen in a blizzard in Iceland, and I was able to get us out of that potentially fatal situation! It involved meeting a tall guy named Thor who brought us to a B&B in absolute darkness.
Where we are most likely to find you in Lynn’s Kundalini Yoga? I’d probably try them all. I’m quite adventurous and open-minded.
The first time you tried Kundalini Yoga? I haven’t tried Kundalini Yoga yet, but now that I know Lynn, I think it’s only a matter of time 🙂
Tell us your top tip to combat climate change:
I think it’s really about innovation and being conscious consumers. Some interesting things I’ve learned include:
1. Cow feed that could reduce 80% of methane emission https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=24574992
2. Fashion industry actually has a bigger impact on carbon emission than airlines https://www.cbsnews.com/news/earth-day-2019-fashion-industrys-carbon-impact-is-bigger-than-airline-industrys/
Anything else you’d like us to know?:
If you’re single or want to find a travel partner, I invite you to try our social travel and dating app, Fairytrail!
One neat thing about it is most people on Fairytrail are fully remote or want to be, so matching with someone in another city isn’t a problem. Date “anywhere.” Besides being international and traveler-friendly, Fairytrail also asks all users to indicate their personality by choosing a fairytale character. The archetype helps you learn more about people as you date and prioritize your time for people with personalities that suit you. We’re adding Enneagram types to it as well in the next few weeks. I’d love to hear your feedback. Please feel free to reach out to me about Fairytrail or anything else.