This recipe is based on Megan Olson’s recipe here. I made a few modifications including using peanut butter instead of almond butter (since I’m not Paleo) and using rice syrup instead of maple syrup (since I try to be really low in my fructose consumption). Enjoy!
These anti-inflammatory Coconut Turmeric Energy Bites pack a delicious boost of protein and superfood nutrition!
- 1 cup almond, peanut or coconut butter
- 3/4 unsweetened coconut flakes
- 4-6 tablespoons plant based protein powder
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 2-3 tablespoons of rice syrup
- 2 teaspoon of turmeric
- To a blender, add nut butter, ½ coconut flakes, almond butter, coconut oil, maple syrup, protein powder and turmeric.
- Blend ingredients on high until evenly distributed.
- Place the dough in the refrigerator for 30-60 minutes to harden.
- Remove the dough from refrigerator and roll into bite-sized balls about ½-inch in diameter.
- Place balls on a plate that’s covered with parchment paper, then return to refrigerator for 3-4 hours.