Author: Sarah McMinn
Makes: 4 cups
- Mint Ice Cream
- 2 cups fresh young coconut meat (about 2 young coconuts)
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked 4-6 hours
- 1 cup raw almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1½ tsp peppermint extract
- ¼ cup + 2 tbsp raw agave or maple syrup
- 1 handful of fresh spinach (optional, for color)
Raw Chocolate Chunks
- 3 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- ¼ cup raw cacao powder
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- To make the ice cream base combine all the ingredients in a food processor or high-powered blender. Mix until very smooth. Transfer to a shallow container and refrigerate for about 2 hours, until chilled all the way through.
- Meanwhile combine all the chocolate chunks ingredients in a small bowl. Transfer to a shallow container and freeze. Once frozen (15-25 minutes) remove chocolate and cut into small chunks.
- Add the chilled ice cream to your ice cream maker and process according to manufacturer’s instructions. Once done place the ice cream in a loaf pan, stir in chocolate chunks, then smooth top and cover. Return to freezer and allow 2-3 hours for the ice cream to freeze.
- Remove from freezer and let thaw 10 minutes before serving.