1) Name: Katarina Gleisberg
2) Lives in: Austin, Texas, USA
3) From: South Dakota, USA– My dad was in the military and we moved around a bit, which cultivated my love of travel.
4) Occupation: Mindfulness Coach and Meditation Creator
5) First three jobs (ever!): As a teenager I was a paraprofessional for children’s art classes. I was a direct care counselor for individuals with disabilities at a camp in New York before my jobs teaching Special Education, 3rd & 4th grades, and English Language Learners.
6) Zodiac sign: Virgo
7) Enneagram Type: I’m a Type 7; yoga and meditation is imperative for subduing my “monkey mind” and perfectionism.
8) What you love about Greece? I love the sea and variety of breathtaking landscapes, the travel and adventure opportunities (especially Delphi and road trips in the Peloponnese), the observation that much of Greece is untouched by modern commercialism, my museum pass with unlimited access to all the intriguing archaeological sites and art history, and the fact that I could sit in a restaurant with friends for hours without being rushed.
9) Tell us something most people don’t know about you: As a way to overcome a fear of being recorded (and self-consciousness in general), I started recording short videos of mindfulness practices a few years ago, practices I wish I would’ve had when I was a workaholic elementary teacher.. More recently, my struggles with Long Covid actually led to me submitting guided mindfulness meditation recordings to the free Insight Timer app (which I recommend for meditation, soothing music, and other mental health resources), where I also lead live events.
10) Where we are most likely to find you in Lynn’s Kundalini Yoga? When I lived in Athens, I attended Lynn’s roof deck yoga and Enneagram panel parties as often as possible. I can’t wait to get back to Greece and attend one of Lynn’s retreats!
11) First time you tried Kundalini Yoga? I attended Lynn’s Acropolis roof deck class for the first time in September 2015, right after I’d moved to Greece to teach. I was in awe of the setting so close to the Acropolis, Lynn and her inclusive community, and the power of Kundalini. I actually had an insight on Lynn’s roof deck, which guided my departure from traditional teaching, after powerfully witnessing that regulated nervous systems and mindfulness in general is needed BEFORE students can learn anything else.
12) Anything else you’d like us to know? As part of teaching and coaching mindfulness, I enjoy creating content based on the mindfulness questions I hear. How can I serve you with mindfulness? I’d love to hear from you on Insight Timer or YouTube.