1) Name: Allison Simpson
2) Lives in: Vrilissia, Athens
3) From: Staten Island, New York, USA
4) Occupation: I’m a single mom, which feels like its own full-time job but when I am not managing my four and seven-year old, I’m creating an online social platform centered on personal growth and development called In Pursuit Of Self.
5) First three jobs (ever!): I grew up working in my family’s business – an international moving and storage company named Victory Worldwide Transportation. I started at seven years old in the office with my dad answering the phones so he could give the receptionist the weekends off! As a teenager, I worked in the press office for the New York State Economic Development Corporation. And during my last two years of college I worked as a production assistant at Court TV – a national news network that televised criminal trials in the US.
6) Zodiac sign: Libra
7) Enneagram Type: 9 – Peacemaker
8) What you love about Athens or Greece in general: The sea! And also the sense of freedom I feel here to be myself.
9) Something most people don’t know about you: People in Greece are often surprised to learn that I am a lawyer and I gave up a promising career in criminal defense in NYC when I decided to move here!
10) Where we are most likely to find you in Lynn’s Kundalini Yoga?: I try never to miss a full moon yoga class – I LOVE Lynn’s rooftop – that view!!!!!! Πεθάνω!
11) First time you tried Kundalini Yoga? I was introduced to Kundalini Yoga in my 200-hour yoga teacher training at Laughing Lotus NYC in 2007. Nancy Elkes was the teacher, or “Kundalini Nancy” as we called her.