1) Name: Barbara Magill
2) Lives in: Verteuil sur Charente, France
3) Where were you born? Lusaka, Zambia
4) Occupation/employer: Happily retired after working in administration in a law firm in Boston, USA
5) First three jobs (ever!): Au-pair in England, waitress in Scotland, primary school teacher in the UK, Argentina & the USA
6) Zodiac sign: Sagittarius
7) Enneagram Type: 9 Peacemaker/Mediator
8) What you love about Athens or Greece in general? I fell in love with the country in the 70s in another life. Thanks to Lynn, I have returned twice in the past 2 years. To the Paros holiday retreat, followed by Mykonos……the sea, the sun, the atmosphere – bliss. Then the following year Joe and I visited Athens where we loved everything about the city, the history, the light, the general ambiance and the people living in a country obviously in crisis but getting on with their lives in the best way possible, the food, the accommodation (Airbnb 🙂 )the walks……then, with Lynn and My Maria we shared in the community spirit where they made us feel welcome and very much a part of it.
9) Tell us something most people don’t know about you: I have lived in over 30 homes here, there and everywhere, so don’t ask me where I’m from!
10) Where we are most likely to find you in Lynn’s Kundalini Yoga? At one of her yoga holidays on any Greek isle.
11) First time you tried Kundalini Yoga (where/when/with whom)? With Lynn on Paros in 2016
12) Anything else you’d like us to know? Lynn and I used to run together in Boston (she was always speedier and younger) in the 1990s. I was happy to reconnect with her again and to find that we are now both contented European residents who, however unexpectedly, I believe have found a place and sense of belonging in Europe.