1) Name: Beatrice Chestnut
2) Lives in: San Francisco, California (USA)
3) From: Palo Alto, California (USA)
4) Occupation: I’m a coach, business consultant, and psychotherapist with an emphasis on the Enneagram. I’ve also written three books: The Complete Enneagram: 27 Paths to Greater Self-Knowledge, The Nine Types of Leadership, and The Enneagram Guide to Waking Up: Find Your Path, Face Your Shadow, Discover Your True Self.
I was first introduced to the Enneagram through David Daniels, one of the earliest major teachers of the Enneagram. His youngest son was one of my best friends from age 13. When his son tragically died in 1990, I spent a lot of time with his family, and one night at dinner, Dr. Daniels talked about the Enneagram, which was his new passion, and suggested I might be a Type Two: The Helper. I read the Type Two chapter from Helen Palmer’s first book, and I couldn’t believe how accurately and thoroughly it described me. That was the beginning of my personal journey of self-work and my long-term relationship with the Enneagram. Knowing I was a Type Two led me into my own therapy and inspired me to become a therapist, so that I could work with the system at a deep level.
5) First three jobs (ever!): 1) scooping ice cream at an ice cream shop 2) working as an administrative assistant at TRW (an aerospace company) in Silicon Valley, and 3.) working at KFOG, a rock ‘n’ roll radio station in San Francisco in promotion and programming.
6) Zodiac sign: Libra
7) Enneagram type: Helper/Giver/Lover Type 2 (self-preservation subtype)
8) What do you love about Greece? I’m sad to say I have never been to Greece… but I’m hoping to change that soon!
9) Tell us something most people don’t know about you: I was a very accomplished badminton player in high school. 🙂
10) Where we are most likely to find you in Lynn’s Kundalini Yoga? Training her community!
11) Anything else you’d like us to know? I’m very passionate about supporting people in developing greater self-awareness and emotional intelligence so they can more easily and effectively manifest their higher potential. You can learn about the Enneagram School I co-founded at CPenneagram.com. And we’ve recently released the book The Enneagram Guide to Waking Up: Find Your Path, Face Your Shadow, Discover Your True Self.
Beatrice Chestnut, PhD MA is a licensed psychotherapist, coach, and business consultant based in San Francisco. She has a PhD in communication studies and an MA in clinical psychology. She is the author of the book, The Complete Enneagram: 27 Paths to Greater Self-Knowledge and The 9 Types of Leadership. She served as President of the International Enneagram Association (IEA) from 2006-2007, and in 2008 and 2009 she was founding co-editor of the IEA’s Enneagram Journal. She offers trainings on the Enneagram internationally, focusing on using it as a tool for personal transformation.
Uranio Paes is an internationally recognized Enneagram teacher and organizational consultant. He has worked with thousands of people in organizations and groups, particularly in Latin America. He served as the IEA (International Enneagram Association) president in 2008 and 2009 and is a Senior Member in Enneagram in Business network.