1) Name: Camille Ramani
2) Lives in: San Francisco, California, USA
3) From: United States, immigrant from India (born in Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India–same area as Gandhi! He and I share the same regional language)
4) Occupation/employer: Organizational consultant and coach
5) First three jobs (ever!) : cosmetic counter clerk at JC Penny, clothing store clerk at Weavers while I was a student at UC Berkeley, NGO (MKO) Program Associate at Trickle Up Program in New York City
6) Zodiac sign: Sagittarius
7) Enneagram type: 1 with 2 wing
8) What you love about Athens or Greece in general: Several reasons. First, my close friend, Lynn, lives in Athens so that is the best part of Athens and Greece for me. Second, the Greek people are warm and welcoming. Third, I love dolmas and olives!
9) Something most people don’t know about you: When I was a little girl, I used to love to eat chalk. As an adult, I have better control of myself… 🙂
10) Where we are most likely to find you in Lynn’s Kundalini Yoga: I used to take classes with Lynn in San Francisco and now through Lynn’s YouTube channel.
11) First time you tried Kundalini Yoga? With Lynn in 2011 in San Francisco.
12) Anything else you’d like us to know? I’m passionate about working for social justice. I helped to create a national program in the United States called Upwardly Global that helps immigrants and refugees who were educated professionals in their home countries to find a job in their profession in the U.S. instead of working as low-wage workers.
Recently I started my certification process in the Enneagram because I believe in its power to help us stay connected and understand each others as fellow humans.
In my free time in San Francisco, I surf in the (very cold) Pacific Ocean, hike and take long walks, and go to museums. I consider myself a global citizen and love to travel. My husband and I have a FB page called the Traveling Tagine where we blog about our travels and often teach adults and youth about Moroccan food.