1) Name: Derek Mogensen
2) Lives in: Loveland, Colorado, USA
3) Born in: Durango Colorado, USA
4) Occupation/employer: Mindful Photographer at my own business called Photo Conscious ( www.photoconscious.com)
5) First three jobs (ever!): In construction framing houses, custodial work, and then a building manager
6) Zodiac sign: Cancer
7) Enneagram Type: Type Nine (Peacemaker) Intimate subtype with Perfectionist 1 wing
8) What you love about Athens or Greece in general: Sadly I’ve not been yet…But I will let you know.. 😉
9) Something most people don’t know about you: My first name is William. In Kindergarten I learned writing Derek was easier than William and told everyone to start calling me Derek. 🙂
10) Where we are most likely to find you in Lynn’s Kundalini Yoga: Over Skype working on my at-home Kundalini Yoga practice. And if I were in Greece, I would photograph the SUP Yoga classes and practice at night.
11) When was the first time you tried Kundalini Yoga (where/when/with whom)? I learned of Kundalini Yoga while searching for Enneagram information, as I came across Lynn’s website. Then I ordered her book and started doing the Kriya for Individualist Type 4’s as at the time I was last drawn to Individualist 4s. Then I went to the one class that is offered once a week in my town and was properly introduced by Tammy Black.
12) Anything else you’d like us to know?
I’m extremely grateful for Lynn and scared at the same time as she helps me grow towards my light. She has been guiding me to trust myself and my vision of Photo Conscious, which is photography geared towards mindful adventures and events. I can’t wait to meet Lynn and the rest of this community in person, along with my two little kids.