1) Name: Elena Tzavara
2) Lives in: Neo Irakleio (northern suburb of Athens), Greece
3) What city/country were you born in: Toronto, Canada
5) First three jobs (ever!): My first job ever was a newspaper route! Once a week I delivered our community’s free local newspaper. Then I became a snack bar operator at a hockey arena. It was cold (very cold)…I served popcorn and hot dogs to hockey moms, but I loved it because it was the first time I felt the responsibility of running something unsupervised. I also got to meet cute boys who were older than me– perfect for a young teenage girl. And my third job was as general assistant at our family metal manufacturing factory. I did just about everything there from make the morning coffee, cleaning floors, answering sales calls, filling orders, loading trucks, issuing invoices, and getting to the bank to make deposits before 3pm–online banking didn’t exist, neither did extended banking hours!
6) Zodiac sign: Virgo
7) Enneagram type: Type Six/Loyalist
8) What you love about Athens or Greece in general: Lots! My usual simple response is: ‘Life’s simplest pleasures are free and at your finger tips in Greece.’ Life is precious and somehow in Greece,despite all of the things that ‘seem to be wrong’ on the surface, there is a respect for life and humankind that isn’t easily felt in other parts of the world. The energy of Athens is like no other; sunshine and incredible natural environment make day-to-day life very sweet. I could go on…and on…and on =)
9) Something most people don’t know about you. I love staying up late and most days I wish I didn’t need sleep; although I totally know how important rest is for my body. I wish I could keep reading, working and learning around the clock without needing to recharge for 7 hours. =)
10) Where we are most likely to find you in Lynn’s Kundalini Yoga? More likely to catch me at one of Lynn’s Enneagram panels! I was even a panelist for the Type 6 event. 🙂
11) First time you tried Kundalini Yoga (where/when/with whom)? Although I am a yoga lover, I’ve never tried Kundalini Yoga. Time to start yeah?
12) Anything else you’d like us to know? I’m married and have a 6 year old son and 19 month old daughter. I’m working on one of the biggest projects of my life and am super excited about it. I’d love for everyone to get to know XpatAthens.com and to be part of making this online home for the international community of Athens – better, stronger and even more interesting with each day!