1) Name: Elizabeth Kirby Fullerton
2) Lives in: Kifisia, Athens
3) Where were you born? Fort Leavenworth, Kansas, USA
4) Occupation: I’m the owner of Bwell and Thrive, a health and wellness coach, a Pilates instructor and a running coach! My passion is recovery coaching, working with parents or grandparents who have children and grandchildren with substance use disorder. You can find me online at www.bwellandthrive.com or on Facebook.
Before this chapter, I worked in the field of early childhood education for 31 years. I had the privilege to work a significant portion of that time with infants and toddlers with disabilities their parents and teams. I worked in 7 countries and met the most amazing people. After a five year stint as an associate professor at the University of North Florida and one year as the principal of a Waldorf inspired charter school in Jacksonville Florida I retired.
I thought about my next steps and begin to train as a Pilates instructor, which led me to wellness coaching, chef coaching, running coaching and now to recovery coaching. My skills as a teacher and a mentor fit well with my new passion. I am the mother of 4 children and the grandmother of 2, and I know that staying healthy and well is a life long goal worth pursing for yourself and those in your life!
5) First three jobs (ever!): babysitter, popcorn “girl” at a football stadium, lifeguard.
6) Zodiac sign: Leo
7) Enneagram: Perfectionist/Type 1
8) What you love about Athens or Greece in general: I love the ability to travel easily in Europe, the people I have met, and the natural beauty found everywhere!
9) Something most people don’t know about you: I have run 17 marathons. My favorite marathon was Chicago 2002! I ran with a large group of friends from Bethesda, MD. We had all run our first marathon together the year before at Marine Corps Marathon. Four of the women (myself included) were trying to qualify for Boston, and we literally pulled each other to the finish. Then we all met up in Boston. 🙂
My goal is to run 20 marathons so I will see how my body holds up!
10) Where we are most likely to find you in Lynn’s Kundalini Yoga? The Paros Yoga holiday, Night Yoga or the Gong Bath!
11) First time you tried Kundalini Yoga (where/when/with whom)? With Lynn on the rooftop!
12) Anything else you’d like us to know? I love learning new things related to health and wellness. I’m always taking a class or doing a course and of course trying to live a “well” life. And I’m currently learning to play bridge to keep my brain humming! 🙂
If you have a child or grandchildren (or you know someone who does) with substance use disorder, actively using or in recovery please feel free to reach out to me. I coach clients to focus on the positive, engage as they feel comfortable and take care of themselves. All communication is private and confidential. My email is: email@example.com and I would love to hear from you.