1) Name: George Saltavareas
2) Lives in: Papagou, Athens
3) Born in: Athens, Greece
4) Occupation/employer: I’m a musician and guitarist who teaches, performs and composes individually, and I’m in a band called Aovata Trio. I started playing guitar when I was five years old, but I wasn’t sure if I could make a living in music so I studied Business Administration and Marketing and did that for several years. But I wasn’t happy at all in marketing and felt constantly pulled to be back in music. Four years ago I made the decision to stop my marketing career and move back in the world of guitar. It wasn’t an easy transition, but I’m much happier.
5) First three jobs (ever!): Data entry for a research company, teaching guitar in music school, newspaper delivery.
6) Zodiac sign: Pisces
7) What you love about Athens or Greece in general: I love the diversity you can have both in Athens and in Greece. Landscapes, weather, people, everything can be so different. I especially love the food, the islands and the big blue.
8) Something most people don’t know about you: For my second marketing degree, I went to school in a small town in Denmark. So I lived in Denmark for several years and even speak a bit of Danish!
9) Where we are most likely to find you in Lynn’s Kundalini Yoga? Performing on March 18th at New Beginnings as we fuse my live atmospheric guitar with Lynn’s Kundalini Yoga.
10) First time you tried Kundalini Yoga? On Sunday when I came to Tara Yoga’s Home in Koukaki. 🙂
11) Anything else you’d like us to know? My favourite part of my job is working with children, especially kids between 4-10 years old. At that age, their imagination and creativity are at high levels, and I love the challenge to win their attention and pass to them the love for music. I’m really excited for my New Beginnings event, as it is a new beginning for me too. My goal is to fuse my music with the energy of Kundalini Yoga and really raise the vibration for everyone.