1. Name: Irene Andersen
2. Lives in: Athens center
3. From: I was born in Norway, grew up in Oslo and am half Greek and half Norwegian
4. Job/Occupation: I’m the part owner of nice n easy BIO cafe/restaurant in Kolonaki and “Frankie” an Italian bistro bar opening soon in the same neighborhood. 🙂
5. First three jobs (ever!): My very first job when I was quite young was cleaning apartments and offices! Then for many years I managed our family hotel business in Rhodes. And then I worked for several years in advertising firms in Athens as an art director.
6. Zodiac sign: Gemini
7. Tell us what you love about Greece? I was raised in Oslo but went running to Greece because I needed the Greek side of me to flourish. 🙂 Greece gives me the freedom to express myself–in good times and in bad!
9. When was the first time you tried Kundalini Yoga? First time I did Kundalini Yoga was with Lynn who is so natural, splendid and professional! I enjoyed it immensely since I hardly give myself the time to breath in ways I can benefit from! It was just a few weeks ago at Krav Maga Kolonaki.
10. Anything else you’d like us to know? Irene didn’t actually write anything here so I (lynn) will! 🙂
If you haven’t already, check out her bio/organic restaurant Nice and Easy. It was where I had one of my very first meals when I moved to Athens and has become one of my favorite places. The menu focuses on healthy, clean, delicious ingredients including quinoa, zucchini pasta, smoothies, amazing salads, etc. It’s great because it has something for everyone from meat eaters to raw foodists. I’ve recommended it to tons of people, and everyone reports back happy. 🙂