1) Name: Isidoros Plytas
2) Lives in: I split my time between Palio Faliro, Athens and Ikaria island.
3) From: I was born and raised in Athens.
4) Job: I’m the co-founder of the Ikaria Surf School. When I finished my studies, I went abroad and took surf instructor certificate seminars. My thinking was that if I ever wanted to go for a big trip abroad, I would have a way to work doing something that I love. Eventually I realized that I could teach surfing in Greece and especially in Ikaria where my roots are from. So I said, why not? And I opened the surf school!!
5) First three jobs (ever!): Plumber, electrician and waiter in a Greek restaurant.
6) Zodiac: Scorpio.
7) Enneagram type: Based on an online test, I’m a Peacemaker (9).
8) What do you love about Greece? I love Greece because it feels like home. I love spending time with my friends and family, and I enjoy the variety you can find in both people and experiences.
9) Tell us something most people don’t know about you: I love reading books. One of my favorites is The Fall by Albert Camus.
10) Where are we most likely to find you in the Lynn’s Kundalini Yoga community? At the Ikaria Surf School’s Kundalini-Surf camp with Lynn on June 3-9!
11) When was the first time you tried Kundalini Yoga? I haven’t yet! I guess it will be in June…
12) Anything else you’d like to add? Both Vassilis and I love sharing our love for surf and the island of Ikaria so we invite any of you to join us this summer! You can see our program here.
1) Name: Vassilis Missas
2) Lives in (neighborhood and city): Palio Faliro, Athens and Ikaria Island/Athens, Greece
3) What city/country were you born in: Athens/Greece
4) Occupation/employer: CEO & CO founder of the Ikaria Surf School.
5) First three jobs (ever!): Snowboard instructor(Greece), assistant reception manager at Pedeliko Hotel in Greece, surf instructor-guide at Otro Modo Surf School in the Canary Islands.
6) Zodiac sign : Aries
7) Enneagram Type: to be determined–maybe at the Surf + Yoga Holiday!
8) What you love about Athens or Greece in general: I love that we can enjoy the four seasons in Greece. I also love the food and that Greek cuisine has so many different choices. In Ikaria (and in general) the ingredients are fresh and organic so the taste of everything you try is amazing. And I also love the culture here. Every place you visit in Greece has its own character and history and that’s the reason I like traveling through the country.
9)Something most people don’t know about you: I love cooking, especially Mexican (including all types of tacos!) : )
10) Where we are most likely to find you in Lynn’s Kundalini Yoga (i.e. SUP Yoga, night yoga, etc.): The Surf + Yoga Holiday in Ikaria on June 3-9!