1) Name: Joyce Griggs
2) Lives in: Digital Nomad
3) From: Jersey girl. Born in Trenton, New Jersey
4) Occupation: Healthcare marketing consultant and strategist. Founder United States of Healthcare, which is a web site and blog that provides stories from the insiders filled with tips and tools to help people navigate the healthcare system in the US—which is really complicated and fragmented. Our purpose is to create a nation of well-equipped health self-advocates who know what to ask for and how to ask for it.
5) First three jobs: Day care center assistant teacher in Del Mar California. I walked to work along the beach. Waitress/Bartender–it was super fast cash for a starving student in New York City. Then I was a sales person mostly telemarketing for an educational publisher. That was my first job right out of college.
6) Zodiac sign: Leo
7) Enneagram Type: Enthusiast Type 7
8) What do you love about Greece ? I fell in love with Athens almost immediately. There is an energy and vibrancy here that is magnetic. The Greek people are so warm and friendly. For me, it’s like NYC where I think of the street as a destination—an experience. The streets of Athens are filled with amazing street art, antiquities, musicians, and of course the tavernas. The simple act of taking a walk is an adventure.
9) Tell us something most people don’t know about you: I learned to row in my 40s and rowed competitively as an adult for over 10 years. My claim to fame is a third-place medal at the Head of the Charles. Such a thrill. 🙂
10) Where we are most likely to find you in Lynn’s Kundalini Yoga: The roof deck, the islands for holiday, the gong bath.
11) First time you tried Kundalini Yoga? I started in the spring of 2017. I had a major life change and somehow wound up in a Kundalini class. The studio was in a small town outside of New York City. It took me a long time to be able to sit still. But within weeks of attending 2 classes a week (plus my usual yang practice) I had the most amazing spiritual experiences. Kundalini Yoga took to me to new places.