1) Name: Joyce Griggs
2) Lives in: Soho, New York City (USA)
3) From: Jersey girl. Born in Trenton, New Jersey
4) Occupation: Advertising and Marketing for the healthcare industry. These days I am working as an independent consultant. I’m embarking on a new project—collecting stories and experiences about the communication gap between providers and patients in the delivery of healthcare in the US.
5) First three jobs: Day care center assistant teacher in Del Mar California. I walked to work along the beach. Waitress/Bartender–it was super fast cash for a starving student in New York City. Then I was a sales person mostly telemarketing for an educational publisher. That was my first job right out of college.
6) Zodiac sign: Leo
7) Enneagram Type: Enthusiast Type 7
8) What do you love about Greece ? I fell in love with Athens almost immediately. I love the cats, the antiquities, the people and the most amazing graffiti.
9) Tell us something most people don’t know about you: I learned to row in my 40s and rowed competitively as an adult for over 10 years. My claim to fame is a third-place medal at the Head of the Charles. Such a thrill. 🙂
10) Where we are most likely to find you in Lynn’s Kundalini Yoga: The roof deck, the islands for holiday, the gong bath. When I came back to New York this fall, the first thing I did was search for gong baths. The Kundalini studio in Union Square has extended gong baths every month. It’s wonderful.
11) First time you tried Kundalini Yoga? I started in the spring of 2017. I had a major life change and somehow wound up in a Kundalini class. The studio was in a small town outside of New York City. It took me a long time to be able to sit still. But within weeks of attending 2 classes a week (plus my usual yang practice) I had the most amazing spiritual experiences. Kundalini Yoga took to me to new places.