1) Name: Lynn Roulo or Evangelia/Ευαγγελία in Greek!. I was baptized Greek Orthodox so it’s official. 🙂
2) Lives in: I’m based in Athens, Greece.
3) From: I was born in Munich, Germany, but I’m American. I moved to the United States when I was 3 ½ years old, and I grew up in California.
4) Occupation/employer: Kundalini Yoga instructor, Enneagram instructor, and I’ve written two books. They are here. 🙂 My focus since 2020 is corporate training using the Enneagram.
5) First three jobs (ever!): My parents had a very strict attitude about money so I’ve been working since I was 11 years old. My first job was at the Summit Veterinary Clinic (I’ve always loved dogs), then I worked at a movie theater serving popcorn, and then I was a waitress at a Chinese restaurant in Los Gatos. 🙂
6) Zodiac sign: Scorpio (11:11). As I understand it, in astrology there are twelve placements in your chart. Five of mine are in Scorpio which apparently makes me extremely Scorpionic. I’m not sure if that’s good or bad but I do feel it fits..
7) Enneagram Type: Type 7, the Enthusiast/Adventurer
8) What do you love about Athens or Greece in general: I love so many things about Greece I used to compile an annual list. You can read the lists here.
9) Something most people don’t know about you: I’m pretty athletic now, but when I was growing up I had very severe asthma. Regular play was a huge struggle for most of my childhood because I couldn’t breathe well and was constantly having asthma attacks. It starting changing when a junior high school running coach noticed me and told me I should try running since I was built like a runner. I was so used to being “the girl with asthma” that suggesting that I should become a runner was like suggesting that I should become a unicorn, but something about his comment stuck in my head, and I joined the running team. I think it was all the track and cross country practice that helped me eventually outgrow my asthma. Now, whenever I see someone struggling athletically I totally feel for them–because that was me for so many years…
10) Where we are most likely to find you in Lynn’s Kundalini Yoga (i.e. SUP Yoga, night yoga, etc.) : Everywhere! Full Moon Night Yoga on the Acropolis Roof Deck and our Paros isalnd retreat are two of my favorites..
11) First time you tried Kundalini Yoga (where/when/with whom)? San Francisco Kundalini Yoga Center in 2007 with Siri Vedya Singh.
12) Anything else you’d like us to know? I very much believe the Zen proverb: “The obstacles don’t block the path, the obstacles are the path.“ 😉