1) Name: Lynn Roulo (but I’m Evangelia/Ευαγγελία in Greek!)
2) Lives in: Athens, Greece
3) From: I was born in Munich, Germany, but I’m American. I moved to the United States when I was 3 ½ years old, and I grew up in California.
4) Occupation/employer: Kundalini Yoga instructor, Enneagram instructor and I’ve written a book. It is here. 🙂
5) First three jobs (ever!): My parents had a very strict attitude about money so I’ve been working since I was 11 years old. My first job was at the Summit Veterinary Clinic (I’ve always loved dogs), then I worked at a movie theatre serving popcorn, and then I was a waitress at a Chinese restaurant in Los Gatos. 🙂
6) Zodiac sign: Scorpio (11 :11 )
7) Enneagram Type: Type 7, the Enthusiast/Adventurer
8) What do you love about Athens or Greece in general: Lately, I love the fact that Greek summer is back, the beaches are open, we’re doing SUP Yoga, and it’s freddo espresso weather. But I love so many things about Greece I compile a list once a year. You can read them here.
9) Something most people don’t know about you: I’m pretty athletic now, but when I was growing up I had very severe asthma. Regular play was a huge struggle for most of my childhood because I couldn’t breathe well and was constantly having asthma attacks. It starting changing when a junior high school running coach noticed me and told me I should try running since I was built like a runner. I was so used to being “the girl with asthma” that suggesting that I should become a runner was like suggesting that I should become a unicorn, but something about his comment stuck in my head, and I joined the running team. I think it was all the track and cross country practice that helped me eventually outgrow my asthma. Now, whenever I see someone struggling athletically I totally feel for them–because that was me for so many years…
10) Where we are most likely to find you in Lynn’s Kundalini Yoga (i.e. SUP Yoga, night yoga, etc.) : Everywhere!
11) First time you tried Kundalini Yoga (where/when/with whom)? San Francisco Kundalini Yoga Center in 2007 with Siri Vedya Singh.
12) Anything else you’d like us to know? I very much believe the Zen proverb: “The obstacles don’t block the path, the obstacles are the path.“ 😉