1) Name: Michael Psyllakis
2) Lives in: Neos Kosmos, Athens Greeece
3) From: I was born in Athens but I moved to Victoria, British Columbia when I was a young boy. I moved back to Greece in 2010.
4) Occupation/employer: IT Entrepreneur
5) First three jobs (ever!): 7-Eleven cashier when I was 17, Pizza delivery driver when I was 18, Hotel reception when I was 19. 🙂
6) Zodiac sign: Gemini
7) What you love about Athens or Greece in general? The annual percentage of sunshine. Southern suburbs like Kavouri. Easy access to archeological sites.
8) Tell us something most people don’t know about you (we couldn’t decide between the two below so we’re including both..):
- I’m a bit of an environmentalist and campaigned against the clear cutting (removal of forest trees) of the Walbrun and Carmanah valleys, on Vancouver Island, at the turn of the 90’s. You can catch a glimpse of me in my hippie phase at the 10:12 mark here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuyxTCExRHQ
- I’ve built an application that lets you use your voice instead of the keyboard when you want to write content. You can check it out here! https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/p/speechtotext-pro/9nblggh514ms“
9) Where we are most likely to find you in Lynn’s Kundalini Yoga (i.e. SUP Yoga, night yoga, etc.): Saturday morning Yoga for All classes at Krav Maga Kolonaki.
10) First time you tried Kundalini Yoga (where/when/with whom)? At Bhavana Yoga in Monastiraki in 2012 with Lynn
11) Anything else you’d like us to know? My first experience with yoga dates back to 2006 when I enrolled in a “yoga for athlete”s class at a place called Energia Athletics, near the outskirts of Toronto’s Greektown. There was no meditative component to it, and it was quite intensive. It was possible to get a ripped body from doing it a couple of times a week. But I really like Lynn’s Kundalini Yoga. I find I get a lot of benefit out these classes. Learning how to use the subtle energies within the body is a great skill and adds value to all your experiences.