1) Name: Michalis Kafetzis
2) Lives in: Athens, Greece
3) From: Athens, Greece
4) Occupation/employer: Owner of Krav Maga Kolonaki-IKMF
5) First three jobs (ever!): From 14-16 years old, I was a sailor on a family boat in Evia, next I became a bartender in Exarchia, and after that, I started in the fitness industry.
6) Zodiac sign: Aquarius
7) What you love about Greece: the weather, the people, and the fact that Athens is a relatively safe place to live.
8) Tell us something most people don’t know about you: When the movie “300” was released, I was hired by Warner Brothers Studio and went to London to be filmed as one of the Spartans for their movie promotion… 🙂
9) Where we are most likely to find you in Lynn’s Kundalini Yoga: “Yoga for All” at Krav Maga Kolonaki on Saturdays.
10) First time you tried Kundalini Yoga? I just tried it this November at “Yoga for All” at my studio.
11) Anything else you’d like us to know? While I teach Krav Maga and fitness as part of the studio’s weekly program, we’re also starting the next round of Stay Away Women’s Self Defense classes Friday, January 26th!
The Stay Away program allows any woman of any age, within a relatively short period of time, to learn all specifically ‘designed for women’ basic self-defense techniques. These techniques literally save lives. The classes also focus on danger assessment and safety awareness, to proactively keep you out of dangerous environments. We’ve taught trained dozens of women using this program. Registration is open now, class is in English and Greek. You can learn more here!