Skip to content
1) Name: Nancy K
2) Lives in: London, UK
3) From: I’ve lived in many places around the world, and I have a German mother and a Lebanese father so I have many cultural influences. As a child I was brought up in Lagos, Nigeria. I moved to London when I was 8 years old and then to Geneva when I was 13 years old. I’ve also lived in Bologna, Italy, Washington DC, USA and Paris, France. I moved to London in early 2001 and have lived there ever since. But my dream is to live in Greece. 🙂
4) Occupation: I am a family lawyer and mediator, but initially I wanted to be a shipping lawyer! In my work, I really enjoy the negotiation and helping families, and particularly the children, at challenging times in their lives.
5) First three jobs (ever!): Caregiver for an Egyptian diplomat in a nursing home; a bar assistant; a shoe sales person!
6) Zodiac sign: Virgo
7) Enneagram: Leader/Boss/Challenger/Protector Type 8
8) What you love about Greece?: I fell in love with Greece the very first time I visited as a 13 year old child in 1984. I fell in love with the people and their outlook on life as well as with their hospitality and general kindness. I felt an energy that can’t be described in words but is palpable the minute you land at Athens airport. The weather helps too except when it is baking hot!!! I know I would struggle with the disorganisation of the country, but the positive seems to outweigh the negatives. I was also lucky to fall in love with a wonderful Greek man with whom I am still very close friends. I feel Greek, and I have an adopted Greek family in Vouliagmeni, Athens and on Paros so who knows what the future holds!
9) Tell us something most people don’t know about you: I yearn for a simple life, and I hate confrontation despite being quite vocal!!!
10) Where we are most likely to find you in Lynn’s Kundalini Yoga: You will see me in Paros and in Ikaria! I’d also love to attend Night Yoga or maybe a very early morning yoga (if Lynn wakes up 😊))))
11) First time you tried Kundalini Yoga? Thanks to Lynn in London. Lynn and I talked about Kundalini Yoga briefly when we first met in Greece and then I went back to London and looked up and tried my first Kundalini Yoga class there.
12) Top tip to fight climate change? Fight consumerism and waste
13) Anything else you’d like us to know? I wish I could do yoga everyday with Lynn !!!!