1) Name: Terje Homutov Giannikou. My name is Terje. So if you are not an Estonian, probably you don’t know how to pronounce it. For Greeks I usually say: it’s like the dog, terrier, but the stress is on the first e. For English speakers, try “ter-yeh” 🙂 Hope that helps!
2) Where do you live? Zografou, Ilisia (Athens, Greece)
3) Where are you originally from? Estonia
4) Works at: I work at the Estonian Embassy in Athens
5) First three jobs (ever!): Hmmmm, I think first I worked in a strawberry field, then as a cleaning specialist in a family-owned hotel, and then I had a “proper” job in a bank.
6) What is your Zodiac sign? Sagittarius
7) What is your Enneagram number? Type 7, the Adventurer/Enthusiast
8) What do you love about living in Greece? I love living in Athens; it’s an interesting and vibrant city. I love the fact that I can just turn around the corner and there’s a totally different vibe; another neighborhood to discover. Athens is always alive. I love my “periptero” where I can basically buy anything I want at any time (except apples – but I’m sure that there’s one selling apples too; I just need to find it). Greece is a magical and mythical place, a combination of old and new, traditions and contradictions. Sometimes it drives me crazy, but I miss it when I’m away.
9) Tell us something most people don’t know about you: A day after I had climbed up to Olympus Mountain, I sat down on its foot and I closed my eyes. When I opened them, there were wild deer eating grass close to me. It was so magical. My eyes teared up, and I was thinking that there is so much magic around us, we just need to open our eyes to notice it! I felt that I’m one with nature; we were breathing together in the same rhythm.
10) Where are we most likely to find you in the Lynn’s Kundalini Yoga community? You can find me everywhere, especially at new events.
11) When was the first time you tried Kundalini Yoga? II tried Kundalini yoga for the first time in Estonia with my friend who’s also a yoga teacher. I think it was around 2009.