Your kriya: Kriya for Elevation
Your meditation: Inner Conflict Resolver
Your daily sequence will be:
Deep Relaxation (lie on your back and relax completely for 3-11 minutes)
Why I selected this kriya for you:
This is a great beginner kriya to move the energy throughout your body, improve your spinal flexibility, strengthen your “breath muscle” and give you energy. It also uplifts your mood. The exercises have flexibility as it relates to time. You can do most of the exercises for 1-3 minutes.
You reference 20 minutes as your minimum time commitment and 30 minutes as the maximum time commitment. This is fine. On your short days you will do the kriya only. And as in all of these programs, I’m also going to give you a 3-minute option for any days you think you might miss. If you ever had a day like this, you’ll do 3 minutes of Sat Kriya, the final exercise in the kriya. Keep 3 minutes as the minimum.
If there is ever a day you are going to miss your full set, please do a minimum of 3 minutes per day of Sat Kriya. Our teachers used to say that the difference between a long practice and a short practice is big, but the difference between a short practice and no practice is tremendous. Be consistent with at least a 3-minute commitment each day.
Guidelines for your 40 day challenge:
1) Please follow the kriya exactly as it is documented. The sequence of exercises should not be altered. Here is an instructional video for Breath of Fire. Here is an instruction video for Sat Kriya.
2) I encourage you to tune in with the Ong Namo Guru Dev Namo mantra three times at the beginning of your practice and to close the practice with the Long Time Sunshine song. It will help give your practice structure and continuity, among other things.
3) If you can do your practice at the same general time each day, that would be ideal. If not, no problem but you might find it more challenging to be consistent. As discussed, mornings are the most ideal time.
4) As this is a practice of discipline, don’t expect to enjoy doing it every single day. Some days you will and some days you may not. Make the 40-day commitment and try not to get too caught up in the day-to-day emotions of how you feel about doing the practice. At the end of 40 days, you can judge your reactions.
5) Please make sure to always do a deep relaxation on your long days. It gives your body a wonderful opportunity to heal itself. In your instance, the fourth exercise it also very healing so you’ll have two opportunities to relax and heal.